Monday, December 9, 2019

On the Post article about the Afghan war being viewed as unwinnable....

Duty, Honor, Country... Way to Go American's Generals, and Admirals. You gave up your duty, surrendered your honor, and failed your country but kept your good paying jobs. You cheated the American public. You knew you couldn't win the Afghan war, like your predecessors knew they couldn't win the Vietnam war. The treasure lost is horrible. The dead and wounded are beyond explanation. They were murdered, gun fodder, cannon fodder, dead men walking into a lost cause, and an impossible dream of Generals and their political commanders. Two wars, in my lifetime, that the strongest army on the planet could not devise a plan to win, so they were lost, at tremendous cost, in lives and treasure. But the generals got to plan wars, order new planes and boats, new toys, to make a good appearance for the parents of the dead and wounded. I cannot curse my country, as worthy as it seems to deserve being cursed. But I can curse my government and armed services for killing our children. And, believe me, I do curse you.

No comments:

Post a Comment